Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> any experience with Gyration remotes?
NikoBellic
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I just built a HTPC and am looking for a good remote solution. I have found this Gyration remote and the price is right but I haven't found any reviews on it. Also on their website it says limited functionality in Windows 7. Has anyone here used this remote with W7? What is your opinion on it? :huh: Thanks
Posted: Feb 24 2010, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

Warn: (0%) -----

I have one of those and 2 of their Air Music remotes. They are great remotes for the HTPC.

They do provide some functionality for other devices (like TV, AVR, etc.) but you don't get extensive control over those other devices.

However for Media Center, they work great.

The integrated cursor control takes a little getting used to (like a Wii), but once you get it down, it is really nice to be able to pop into a web browser and navigate without having to pull out keyboard/mouse.

PMEmail Poster
TommyD872
Posted: Mar 2 2010, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I was considering the air/music URC. Looked on youtube and other forums. Seemed very cool but I had my doubts so I went with the Digital R50 for my URC. It can control up to 18 diff components, has LEARN functionality and can control my lighting system. Also has a 2" tft lcd which is better than the dyration product.

Also for keyboard I have a Logitech Wave at my desktop, but for the couch the Logitech Dinovo is the sh**. It rocks, performs up to 30' away, and is the WOW factor when you have all your buddies over. You can toss it from person to person and the six inch layout is perfect for controlling WMC or streaming movies.

Both these items are backlit so if you like a dark room for your media enjoyment than this is your best bet

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll