Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800, can it record OTA HD channel in 1080i
avengine
Posted: Mar 24 2010, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I am thinking to buy this 1800 tuner, can it record OTA HD channel in 1080i, since I saw some setup of the recording do not include the 1920x1080??

and I only have the XP Pro only, can I use this or what other software do I need to make my life easier.

the one that I plan to buy is a surplus, it do not come with the remote, what kind of remote should I buy?
any other suggestion welcome.
thanks.
TommyD872
Posted: Mar 24 2010, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

hey Avengine,
Cant help with Hauppauge but bout remote I use the Universal Digital R50. It can control up to 18 diff components including lighting. Also xbox 360 and ps3 friendly. Has a cool 2 inch lcd display. Has learning capabilities and able to store 48 preset fav channels. Alot show up with tv station logo right on screen.

I looked at the Logitech Harmony 880 pro and the Gyration air/music but for $91 on dell store online, this was perfect fit for me.

This paired with my Logitech Dinovo mini htpc keyboard has all my friends referring to me as The Couch Commander. LOL

Hope this helps
Posted: Aug 14 2010, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

Warn: (0%) -----

Yes it can......I run my 1800 w/W7 and Windows Media Center. It records OTA 1080i quite well based on what quality levels you choose in media center. I simply choose best and compress if I decide to burn to disk. One thing I have found after upgrading to windows 7 is that I have had to reinstall tuner card driver several times as W7 tends to loose the driver information, kind of odd it doesn't occur on a regular basis. Hope this helps.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll