Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Linux 2.6.1 Kernel, How's it going?
Eric Martello
Posted: Aug 9 2004, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Whatever you say, chief. I don't see a FreeBSD forum here, and I doubt anyone would bother making, considering that most BSDers are douchebags, as you are so kind to demonstrate. Oh yeah, that includes Mac zealots. Go troll Usenet or something. :lol:

--------------------
Eric Martello
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
That_Guy
Posted: Aug 12 2004, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Douche Bags

Group: Banned
Member No.: 165

Typical linSUX zealot...

Here's a site some guy made back in 2000..

http://www.spatula.net/proc/linux/index.src

I see his view of the linSUX community still hold true:

"Most linux users don't have pubes yet and are intolerably lame (3Y3 4m 1337 H4x0r d00d [uz 3y3 h4v3 L1Nux!)"

"OS or religion?"

"Before you wet the briefs your mommy bought for you at Target and frantically search for a link to email me something about how "it's not like that anymore" or "how dare you insult Linux! I will h4x0r you!" or other such standard Linux sycophant drivel, consider for a moment that I just don't give a fuck what you have to say. I understand that it can be upsetting to you to see your precious OS exposed as the garbage it is. I've heard it all before, so you can save your energy for something more complex and important to you, like learning how to masturbate." (He even includes a link for you) ;)

Also from his site:

http://www.spatula.net/proc/linux/kiddie.src
and
http://www.spatula.net/proc/linux/clueless.src

I really don't care what you do with your toy-os, run whatever insecure pile of shit you want. :D

Hope that helps...

:evil:
PMIntegrity Messenger IM
Eric Martello
Posted: Aug 12 2004, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Dude, you're the one bashing linux. I could care less about what OS you use. IN fact, I bet nobody really gives a crap because nobody else has chimed into your trollfest.

Why even bother posting your moronic responses? You're just gonna get suspended for violating the 1st and 2nd HTPC Forums commandments.

--------------------
Eric Martello
That_Guy
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 03:52 AM
Quote Post

Douche Bags

What? You think, because this is a linux forum, everyone has to like linSUX? In typical hypocricital linSUX luser fashion you bitch and moan about "trolling" while doing it yourself. I could care less about your "short yellow bus" threats, you dont scare me little boy. My suggestion is: grow up kid.

Hope that helps...

(you're not gone yet?)
PMIntegrity Messenger IM
Eric Martello
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Yeah, this is a linux forum. Not the best place to be bashing it, and promoting another OS, which is crappy. How does freebsd work for HTPCs? It doesn't; might have something to do with zero hardware support for anything newer than 3 years ago. hahaha

--------------------
Eric Martello
That_Guy
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Douche Bags

What a tard...talk about your non-sequiturs.

First: "Discussing" linSUX doesn't mean everyone has to like it or speak well of the insecure/unstable piece of shit.

Second: Get off the short yellow bus and stop being a two-faced hypocrite. First you sing FreeBSD's praises then you slam it because it's better than linsux.

QUOTE (Eric Martello @ May 9 2004, 01:30 AM)
Given the choice, would you fuss with 2.6.x since it is not really supported on major distros yet, or would you just go with FreeBSD? I can't believe FreeBSD doesn't get as much attention as Linux does, even though it is a much more organized affair. People run FreeBSD when they want a system that moves fast and stays up. :)

Also, it was ****YOU who ASKED about FreeBSD**** and I replied, don't whine (out of both sides of your mouth) because you can't handle the truth coming out regarding your hobby/toy-os.

How abut shutting your pie-hole, pulling your head out and stop writing checks with your mouth that your ass cant cash. (or cache for that matter) ;)

A line from a song comes to mind...
"But don't ask me what I think of you I might not give the answer that you want me to" -- Peter Green, Oh Well.

BTW, How's that 2.6.1 kernel working out for you, anyway? Yeah, that's what I thought. :D

Hope that helps,

PMIntegrity Messenger IM
SsZERO
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: HTPCF Global Moderator
Member No.: 9

That_guy, this forum only has 3 rules...OS bashing defintely violates the "no neffing" rule.

I would appreciate it if both of you would kiss and make up. If you want to continue bickering, take it here.

And if you want to talk about FreeBSD, please start a thread in the appropriate forum.

Thank you.

--------------------
-= SsZERO =-
PMEmail PosterAOL
That_Guy
Posted: Aug 14 2004, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Douche Bags

Fair enough but bashing FreeBSD is OK? :rolleyes:

See, I'm not the one who brought up FreeBSD here in this thread, I merely replied to Eric's question that I quoted above. I've not started *any* FreeBSD posts, I'm not the os-zealot here. I just know that there's a better option than linux. Sometimes it's FreeBSD sometimes it's Windows or Solaris or anything else (like an abacus). ;)

BTW, shouldn't people be able to hear the bad things about linux instead of just the pro-linux propaganda? I don't see it as bashing, just exposing it for what it is.

Hope that helps...

PMIntegrity Messenger IM
SsZERO
  Posted: Aug 14 2004, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: HTPCF Global Moderator
Member No.: 9

This is not the place to bash any OS.

Both Linux and FreeBSD have their benefits and shortcomings. I have yet to see the perfect OS, and neither I nor anyone here is really qualified to put down an OS as being inferior to another.

The bottom line that the goal of the forums is to provide a friendly, helpful environment for HTPC and everything related.

Flaming, bashing and pro- or anti-linux propaganda can be taken to the Off Topic area, where you can say whatever you want about whatever you want, within reasonable limitations that are determined by the board mods/admins.

I am closing this topic. If you want to discuss this further with me, please PM me, otherwise, enjoy yourself. This also goes for you, Eric.

--------------------
-= SsZERO =-
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll