Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> DNLA for XP based PC
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

Warn: (0%) -----

I have an AT&T uverse router that is the DHCP server for both my DNLA capable Denon A/V 4310Ci receiver and an XP PC that has a large amount of MP3 and family pictures on it. I believe that if I launch either iTunes or Windows Media player the PC becomes DNLA capably and I can navigate from my Denon receiver to the PC and play songs and display pictures. All this works but the navigation from the receiver is extremely slow.

I am asking how to speed the navigation up - if this is either a router problem or an issue on how I have the PC configured. If the Denon is just slow well I guess I have to live with that. Has anyone solved this problem?
PMEmail Poster
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

Warn: (0%) -----

For anyone that has this problem I have fixed it. First I had two routers in the path between the DNLA A/V receiver and the PC so I took one out of the path. The big gain was not using Windows Media player - but Twonky. This was a much faster solution and now the response time is tolerable.

Denon had told me the speed was due to my library size - I have 25000 songs and I understand that. But only because they said the AV received all 25000 titles and has to sort them - but I do not believe it. Anyway - this is better.

Hope this helps someone
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll