Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Alternative MythTV frontend
mark9117
Posted: Jul 29 2010, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Since I'm having such a difficult time getting audio to work in MythTV's frontend, I have decided to start looking for an alternative frontend solution.

At the moment I am running mythrename.pl manually and using vlc to play the media files. While this works, it is rather inconvenient. I use kde but I'm looking at the possibility of tyring to get something like this going.

I don't know if I can install it on my system, I've never used Git in my life, and I really don't code, but I might be able to either get this working or learn enough to implement something similar (eventually).

In the meantime, does anybody use anything that might be similar to this? If so, what's it like?

Thanks.

Mark
mark9117
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Okay, so XBMC rocks. I just discovered this application this weekend and it installed and configured very easily. And it uses the MythTV backend (which works just fine) with very little configuration. So far my only complaint is that it's a little slow. Certainly not unusable, but just not really zippy. And I notice it could be easier to navigate given all the video files I've had piling up for the past year or so.

But I can live with that. It's capable, slick to use, and really nice to look at. I'm pretty happy with this.

Mark

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll