Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New HTPC Build Sapphire radeon HD 4550 i3 550?
Posted: Dec 26 2010, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

Warn: (0%) -----

Hello all,
This is my first post in this forum. I am about to build an HTPC for mostly playback of my HD movie ,music and TV files, mostly .mkv, and streaming netflix and Hulu Plus. I will at some point add OTA HDTV and possibly a cable card, but for know Im with Directv and thats not possible. I will be using windows media center 7 64bit. Ive been playing with that and media browser on a laptop I have and have the software side down.

I have an Intel i3 550 I just picked up and will be using a GIGABYTE GA-H57M-USB3 LGA 1156. for the motherboard, and will add 4 gbs of ddr3 ram, a bluray drive and a 2tb samsung spinpoint HDD. Also debating on a case. But my question is, I received a Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 from my father for xmas. I sent the wrong link to him, I wanted the 5450 as the reviews are better and from some of what I read it seems like the 4550 isnt quite powervul enough for all HD playback. Does anyone have any experience with this GPU? Will it suit my needs?

I also know that my CPU and MOtherboard support onboard graphics, however I figured it would be better to take some load of the CPU and be able to possibly run a monitor with the onboard for when Im tweaking the rig, and some light word stuff.

Thanks
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll