Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Scott Pilgrim vs The Universe, Ehhh...
SsZERO
Posted: Feb 7 2011, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: HTPCF Global Moderator
Member No.: 9

I've never been into comic books so when they made this movie based on some obscure comic I was hardly interested in seeing it. Then I heard people say how great the movie was...so finally, I caved in and decided to see what all the fuss was about.

Scott Pilgrim is some guy living in Canada (exciting, I know) who is in a band. Stuff happens and he meets this girl who who likes and wants to date. OMG! Then he finds out she had 7 ex's whom he must defeat in order to date this girl...the rest of the movie is pretty much his encounters with the 7 ex's and yeah, you can guess how it ends. He has to fight each one and that's the only part of the movie where things are "comical". Aside from that it's rather mundane.

I think the reason a lot of nerds were praising this movie is due to "geek culture" references, such as the frequent 8-bit and 16-bit video game sounds & visuals. In the beginning the opening tune was ripped from Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (one of the best Zelda games imo). I can see some nostalgic nerd recalling his youth - sitting indoors, playing video games and reading comics, then seeing this movie and getting disproportionately excited.

Personally I did not really think the movie was so great, nor was it worth getting excited about because the movie overall was not a unique story. Was it fun to watch? I guess, I can't say it was bad but it didn't really do anything really interesting. I think this would have been better if it was made-for-TV.

My rating:

2.5 out of 5 with 5 being excellent and 1 being total crap.

--------------------
-= SsZERO =-
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll