Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Vivo card with hdmi
Insomnia
Posted: Mar 2 2011, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I'm embarking on a new project to build a custom box similar in functionality to the new google
Tv aka the revue. I've tested the revue extensively and concluded it to be quite deficient in it's current condition. In any case, I would like to duplicate the ability to combine a tv function via set top box such as directv piped through the htpc so as be able to access all functions without having to use and switch between separate inputs. I have looked extensively at the black magic card with hdmi in and out, and while this is a Consideration, I have been searching for a video card with hdmi in and output so as to eliminate the added card. I have been unsuccessful to date. I have no need for a tv tuner, simply a video card with hdmi output and the addition of hdmi input without the need for a separate card such as the black magic.

Anyone know of such a product? Please let me know.
Eric Martello
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

The thing with HDMI is that they don't want consumers to have that kind of flexibility. They want to control what you watch and how you watch it, and HDMI lets them do that by limiting what can be recorded, what you can connect via HDMI. If you think that's bad, you should check up on the ACTA bill that Obama is supporting.

So to answer your question, VIVO + HDMI = Not gonna happen...but...and this is a big one, you can convert HDMI to DVI and there are DVI cards that support VIVO.

--------------------
Eric Martello
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll