Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mini ITX worth it?, Mod ITX case
STEVON
Posted: Mar 16 2011, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,776

I have a modified Mini ITX case for the home theater. Was a lot of work to make a flexible PCI-E extender cable, cut CPU fan hole through the top of the case then shoehorn half height PCI-E card, chipset cooling fan with two 3.5 inch hard drives. I'm wondering what everybody else is doing?
Stephen

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
STEVON
Posted: Mar 16 2011, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Here is another shot

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
STEVON
Posted: Mar 16 2011, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Last shot

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
SsZERO
Posted: Mar 17 2011, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: HTPCF Global Moderator
Member No.: 9

Looks like you are using a slightly smaller case than mine. I'm using a black foxconn case and I did not need to cut any holes in the case. the only thing I needed to do was clip off a plastic brace on the CPU fan, which is a stock intel CPU fan, because the brace was hitting the back of the DVD drive. Everything else is integrated onto the motherboard including a geforce 9300 video with HDMI a/v output. Considering that the final product is about the same size as an XBOX I do think using MiniITX is the way to go.

--------------------
-= SsZERO =-
PMEmail PosterAOL
STEVON
Posted: Mar 18 2011, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

QUOTE (SsZERO @ Mar 17 2011, 06:08 PM)
Looks like you are using a slightly smaller case than mine. I'm using a black foxconn case and I did not need to cut any holes in the case. the only thing I needed to do was clip off a plastic brace on the CPU fan, which is a stock intel CPU fan, because the brace was hitting the back of the DVD drive. Everything else is integrated onto the motherboard including a geforce 9300 video with HDMI a/v output. Considering that the final product is about the same size as an XBOX I do think using MiniITX is the way to go.

Thanks for the comment. Using ZOTAC GE9300-G-E board, had a few problems with it but once I put a fan directly on heatsink (should have come with one), everything settled down. Unfortunately for me, I purchased the Hauppauge Colossus full height capture card. Went to a ThermalTake ElementQ VL5000 series. Will have to sell this case to recoupe some of the money invested.
Stephen

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll