Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Blu-Ray 3D capable HTPC build question
Ken62465
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,156

Thought I had all my Hardware needs sorted out for my first HTPC until I stumbled upon an article claiming that of the builds he mentions only the Sandybridge i3 is 3D capable. Lots of reading but search the thread for "3D" and scan what he claims. So the AMD Liamo APU's will not work for Blu-Ray 3D playback?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1302559

Here's what I have thus far.
-------------------
nMEDIAPC HTPC 5000B Micro ATX
GIGABYTE GA-A75M-UD2H
AMD A8-3870K
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB)
DDR3 1600 Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C8
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III (OS)
Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB
Ceton InfiniTV 4
LG Super Multi Blue with 3D Playback Blu-ray Disc Rewriter WH12LS38
Win7-64

Have not settled on PSU yet but I have about 4 floating around here so I checking those out as possibilities.

Anyway this will be pretty much a typical HTPC running WMC. I use AnyDVD, & 1ClickDVD copy for most of my needs. My desktop I finally upgraded to a Blu-Ray burner, same as noted above. I just have not had time to experiment with software for it. 1ClickBlu-Ray is in beta stages but only does 1:1 at this time. I have a Samsung D5500 3D player that I would not mind being able to get rid of and the HTPC replaces it. The cable boxes is going and all DVR functions to be run from WMC, that's what the Ceton InfiniTV card is for with TWC's cable card.

So as I said I'm a bit shocked to here this setup would not do Blu-Ray 3D playback...did I miss read the article? I'm pairing this HTPC to a new Samsung UN60D8000. Nice LED set...have a few gripes but I'll leave that one alone and stay on topic of my own question.
PMEmail Poster
GamerGirlAlice
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,203

bluray 3d would be sweet
PMEmail Poster
SsZERO
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: HTPCF Global Moderator
Member No.: 9

Ken, I don't think you'll have any problems playing 3D BluRay movies with an AMD A8. I don't know why that article on AVS forum says you can't; the A8 has an embedded video processor specifically for 3D BluRay playback.

In order for you to play back 3D BluRay you will need to use an HDMI 1.4a certified cable. An HDMI 1.3 cable lacks the additional data channels to support 3D video playback and will not work.

--------------------
-= SsZERO =-
PMEmail PosterAOL

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll