Mother Board : ASUS F1A75-V PRO
CPU : AMD APU A8-3870 100W
Power Supply : OCZ ModX Stream Pro 700W
Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 2X4GB DDR3-1866
Hard Drive : SSD 120GB ; I do not know what type to choose
Blu Ray Drive : LG BH12LS38
Remote : MediaGate Win7
PVR HD : Hauppauge Colossus

I've read from SsZERO than AMD APU is doing great CPU for video that does not need an external gpu. So I'm pretty confident with this choice.

The motherboard, power supply, memory and remote, I'm really not sure what to get.

I chose a case with enough room, cool design, silent. Will it fit well my components? Am I going to need extra hardwares to install everything?

I would like to try a SSD drive. Is it worth the price? I'm going to use my NAS for media storage.

About hauppauge Colossus, I might go for it if it goes well with canadian satellite provider BELL PVR 9242recordings.

All your advices are more than welcome!

Thank you very much guys,

Cool77

PMEmail Poster
mknabster
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,666

Hey cool77, looks like your setup would be good, I personally don't know much about AMD too well, i'm an Intel guy. I thought i would give my thoughts about the SSD. I have used these at work, and they are very nice to use, very quick, especially if you have your operating system and programs running off of one. Though I really wonder why you would need that speed for an HTPC. Maybe if you used your HTPC for more than media, it might be something to get, but not sure if the added price is worth it. I guess if you have the cash, go for it, it definitely won't hurt. Good luck with the build
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll