> Bit Torrent Sources, Great way to download all kinds of stuff
Eric Martello
  Posted: Sep 30 2004, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

UPDATE - 10/16/2005
As of today, The Pirate Bay is more than likely the best place to get your torrents. isoHunt, while decent, is evolving into a corny-ass ad farm. Torrent Reactor has a lot of torrents, but a very crappy search feature. We still like MiniNova and Torrentz, as their minimalistic (read few ads) style is always welcome.

Please feel free to PM me with links to quality torrent sites, and while your at it, post a few helpful or insightful topics here while you're at it!

--------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - 02/12/2005
isoHunt still hanging in there, with LokiTorrent out of the game. We should start taking bets on how long these other sites can hold off.

BTW - To all the people that actually donated to LokiTorrent (as he was trying to sell the site) -> AHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:
Yes, I am that immature.

UPDATE - 01/29/2005
Added a few links...quality over quantity, you know? I highly recommend Isohunt, as they are the "new" suprnova for the time being. Learning how to use IRC is also a handy way to get the files you want. I also threw in a good site to pick up the latest XBOX software releases, such as XBMC (Xbox Media Center - very awesome, turns your XBOX into an HTPC). Check it out, and PM me if you have any suggestions for links to add here.

UPDATE - 01/12/2005
The MPAA dicks have been sending out cease and desist letters to the larger bit torrent sites, and most of them bitched out and shut down. Loki Torrent seems to have the balls to stay up, and is apparently accepting donations which they claim will be used for legal services. Either that, or they'll just take the money and run. :evil:

On the plus side, the suprnova dudes are frontin exeem, which is supposed to eliminated the need for web-based trackers. I don't know how well this will work, since it seems really similar to edonkey.

I'd like to compile and maintain a list of websites that track quality bit torrents. If there is a demand, I'll even post a guide on how to use bit torrents. To get this started:

General
The Pirate Bay
Mini Nova
ISO Hunt
Torrent Reactor
Torrentz
SuprNova.org RIP
Loki Torrent RIP

XBOX
Box Torrent

Anime
Anime Suki
a.scarywater.net
Anime HQ

--------------------
Eric Martello
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Eric Martello
  Posted: May 10 2006, 02:23 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

Right now, uTorrent is probably the best bittorrent downloading software out there. It supports DHT and is really small in side. Get it!

Download utorrent.rar from FileWire Networks.

--------------------
Eric Martello
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll