Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> htpc to tv over hdmi only (both audio+video)
Arctic000
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,162

looking into building an htpc for the first time and am having trouble finding either a motherboard or video card that absolutely does audio as well as video over a single hdmi cable to my plasma tv remotely located.
all feedback is hugely appreciated.
PMEmail Poster
MSIINOZ
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

HTPCF Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,664

Not sure what you mean? Do you want a motherboard with onboard/intergrated video? Or a system with a graphics card which usually means a more powerful system?

Checkout the links below, The first one was built for a family member
It connects to any TV with HDMI input via one cable & both audio & video is sent through the one HDMI cable

The MSI 890GXM-G65 is a real nice start to a powerful HTPC
http://www.htpcforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5037

The next HTPC (in the link below) is my own latest HTPC & it connects to my 42" LED TV via HDMI for the video but I choose to run the audio to a Pioneer VSX-521 via SPDIF/Digital optical cable
I am sitting on the lounge typing this reply on my 42" TV using the HTPC shown below>
http://www.htpcforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5631

Not sure why you would want the audio & video running through one cable? I mean it works fine but.......Can you add a bit more to your question?
The way I see it is you have spent all the money on the video quality (Big screen/Plasma) when a movie or even a good TV show is made thousands of dollars is spent on the audio, It just does not seem fair to spend say $500-$1000 on the video (TV) & use the crappy speakers in the TV that are worth probably $5ea
All I am saying is that you are missing out on half of the "Home theater" experience without a surround sound reciever/amplifier

--------------------
MSI 990FXA-GD80 BIOS V11.8 : MSI N550GTX-Ti-M2D1GD5/OC : AMD FX-6100 RUNNING @ 18x 3600MHz: CORSAIR H60 COOLER : CORSAIR GT 60GB SSD : CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2x4GB :LOGITECH MK550 : LOGITECH C210 CAM : LOGITECH DRIVING FORCE GT STEERING WHEEL connected to a Pioneer VSX-521-K via SPDIF (Awesome Surround sound) and 42" LED TV

MSI K9N DIAMOND BIOS 1.9 : MSI N260GTX-T2D896-OC/V4: AMD X2 6000+ WINDSOR 89W :WINDOWS 7 64BIT : CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER X-FI EXTREME AUDIO PCI-E : 4X2GB DUAL CHANNEL CORSAIR GAMING RAM CGM2X2G800 (ALL PURCHASED SEPARATELY) : 1.5TB SEAGATE SATAII + 2TB EXTERNAL : CORSAIR TX750W PSU : ACHILLES DRAGON CASE

MSI K8N SLI PLATINUM : MSI NX8600GT 512MB : AMD 3000+ VENICE : WIN 7 64BIT : CREATIVE OB AUDIO : 2x1GB CORSAIR RAM : 250GB MAXTOR
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll